East Londonderry

Details of each count in 2007 election

map
Map by Conal Kelly

See also results of all East Londonderry elections 1993-2010 and full counts from 1998 and 2007. Spreadsheet for 2003 here.




Surplus Campbell 
Exclude O'Kane 
Surplus Brolly 
Exclude Douglas 
Gregory Campbell  DUP 
5023 
-126 
4897 
4897 
4897 
4897 
David McClarty  UUP 
4897 
4897 
4897 
4897 
4897 
Francis Brolly  SF
4056.37 
0.62 
4056.99 
1839 
5895.99 
-998.99 
4897 
4897 
George Robinson  DUP 
3617.07 
24.8 
3641.87 
3643.87 
0.83 
3644.7 
1097.29 
4741.99 
Norman Hillis  UUP 
3199.87 
21.08 
3220.95 
3222.95 
0.83 
3223.78 
660.06 
3883.84 
John Dallat  UUP 
3472.81 
1.24 
3474.05 
91 
3565.05 
169.32 
3734.37 
25.62 
3759.99 
Michael Coyle  UUP 
2548.59 
2548.59 
152 
2700.59 
814.23 
3514.82 
12 
3526.82 
Maurice Bradley  DUP 
3043.33 
47.74 
3091.07 
3095.07 
1.66 
3096.73 
276.79 
3373.52 
Boyd Douglas  UUC 
2190.61 
29.14 
2219.75 
2220.75 
0.83 
2221.58 
-2221.58 
Cliona O'Kane  SF 
2114 
2114 
-2114 




110.35 
1.38 
111.73 
23 
134.73 
11.29 
146.02 
149.82 
295.84 

Stage 6: Of the 220 votes transferred to Campbell from Armitage, 77 went to Bradley and 40 to Robinson, this 117 (53.2%) to the other DUP candidates; 47 (21.4%) went to Douglas (UUC); 34 (15.5%) went to Hillis (UUP); 2 went to Dallat and 0 to Coyle, thus 2 (0.9%) to the SDLP; 1 went to Brolly and 0 to O'Kane, thus 1 (0.5%) to SF; and 19 (8.6%) were non-transferable.

Stage 8: Of the 1839 votes transferred to Brolly from O'Kane, 981 went to Coyle and 204 to Dallat, thus 1185 (64.4%) to the SDLP; 2 went to Bradley and 1 to Robinson, thus 3 (0.2%) to the DUP; 1 (0.1%) went to Hillis (UUP); and also 1 (0.1%) went to Douglas (UUC) with 649 (35.3%) non-transferable.
 



Exclude Bradley 
Surplus Robinson 
Surplus Hillis 
Gregory Campbell  DUP 
4897 
4897 
4897 
4897 
David McClarty  UUP 
4897 
4897 
4897 
4897 
Francis Brolly  SF 
4897 
4897 
4897 
4897 
George Robinson  DUP 
4741.99 
2605 
7346.99 
-2449.99 
4897 
4897 
Norman Hillis  UUP
3883.84 
436.08 
4319.92 
1027 
5346.92 
-449.92 
4897 
John Dallat  SDLP
3759.99 
18.24 
3778.23 
16 
3794.23 
76 
3870.23 
Michael Coyle  SDLP 
3526.82 
7.65 
3534.47 
11 
3545.47 
107 
3652.47 
Maurice Bradley  DUP 
3373.52 
-3373.52 




295.84 
306.55 
602.39 
1395.99 
1998.38 
266.92 
2265.3 

Stage 11: Of the 2605 votes transferred to Robinson from Bradley, 1027 (39.4%) transferred to Hillis (UUP); 16 to Dallat and 11 to Coyle, thus 27 (1.0%) to the SDLP; and 1551 (59.5%) were non-transferable.

Stage 12: Of the 1027 votes transferred to Hillis from Robinson (who had got them from Bradley) 107 went to Coyle and 76 to Dallat, thus 183 (17.8%) to the SDLP; the other 844 (82.2%) were non-transferable.


See also: Jim Riley's analysis of votes and seats in the 1998 Assembly election | The constituencies | Single Transferable Vote | The political parties | Useful books and links

Full 2003 results for each seat: East Belfast | North Belfast | South Belfast | West Belfast | East Antrim | North Antrim | South Antrim | North Down | South Down | Fermanagh and South Tyrone | Foyle | Lagan Valley | East Londonderry | Mid Ulster | Newry and Armagh | Strangford | West Tyrone | Upper Bann

Other sites based at ARK: ORB (Online Research Bank) | CAIN (Conflict Archive on the INternet) | Northern Ireland Life and Times Survey

Your comments, please! Send an email to me at nicholas.whyte@gmail.com..

Nicholas Whyte, 24 December 2003.


The Author | What's New | Your Comments


Disclaimer: Nicholas Whyte 1998-2004 Last Updated on Sunday, 14-Mar-2010 17:46