Young Life and Times Survey (YLT)
Results from the 2022 survey are now available!
The survey included questions on good relations, education, attitudes to politics and gender-based violence.
You can view the results of the previous YLT surveys here.
The Young Life and Times Survey records the attitudes and opinions of 16 year olds in Northern Ireland about the issues that concern them. This annual survey has been running since 2008, and all questionnaires, datasets and results are available online.
Our latest publications
- Sticks and Stones? Violence experiences of 16-year olds in Northern Ireland
- Young People’s Attitudes to Minority Ethnic Groups and Asylum Seeking
- Young people's understanding of coercive control
- Location Matters. Young people and good relations
- Public Attitudes to breastfeeding in Northern Ireland
- Examining the three Ps: Personal Safety, Paramilitaries and Policing
Our two edited books, published by Russell House, provide more detailed analysis of YLT data.
- Dirk Schubotz and Paula Devine (Eds.) (2014). Not so different. Teenage attitudes across a decade of change in Northern Ireland
- Dirk Schubotz and Paula Devine (Eds.) (2008). Young people in post-conflict Northern Ireland. The past cannot be changed, but the future can be developed