Ireland Young Life and Times Survey
Risks and Exploitation
below are the questions asked in the Sexual Risks and Exploitation module
and the years in which they were asked. If you want to see how young people actually
answered the questions in a particular year, you can click on the year beside
Has an adult ever tried to groom you? 2010
AGEGROOM: What age were you when an adult first groomed you? 2010
AGEGROMR: What age was the person that first tried to groom you? 2010
SEXGROMR: Was the person who tried to groom you male or female? 2010
HOWGROOM: How did this adult first make contact with you? 2010
What happened when an adult tried to groom you? 2010
Has anyone given you alcohol or drugs and then taken advantage of you sexually?
What age were you when someone first took advantage of you sexually? 2010
Have you been offered anything in return for sex? 2010
AGESEX4S: What age were you when someone offered you somthing in return for sex?
AGE2SEX4: What age was the person who first offered you something in return for
GENSEX4S: Was the person who offered you something in return for sex male or female?
CONSEX4S: How did you come into contact with the person offering you something
for sex? 2010
Did you tell a parent or someone in a position of authority that this happened?
SEXTHREAT: Have you taken part in a sexual activity because someone threatened
you, if you didnít? 2010
Is there anything you would like to say about sexual risks to young people? [open]
- CSEKNOW: How much do you know about the sexual exploitation of children and young people? 2015
- CSEGEND: Who do you think sexual exploitation happens to? 2015
- CSEAGE: Do you know any males this has happened to? 2015
- CSEPROF: Do professionals view sexual exploitation more seriously when it happens to young males or young females? 2015
- XCSEPROF: Why do professionals view the sexual exploitation of young females more seriously? 2015
- CSEREPGE: Who do you think finds it most difficult to report sexual exploitation? 2015
- CSEREP: How likely would you be to report sexual exploitation? 2015
- CSEREWHO: And who would you report this to? (multiple response question) 2015
- CSENREP: Would any of these be reasons why you would not report sexual exploitation? (multiple response table) 2015