Life and Times 1998: Background
Listed below are the questions asked
in the Background module in 1998.
If you want to see how young people actually answered the questions
you can click on the short name given beside every question.
- RENTBUY: Should a young couple, both with steady jobs, buy or rent their home?
- BUYFUTRE: How likely is it that you will buy a house or flat in the future?
- YOUBYRNT: If you had a free choice, would you rent a house or flat, or buy?
- RELIGION: Which religion do you regard yourself as belonging to?
- RACE1: To which of these groups do you consider you belong to?
- YAGE: How old were you last birthday?
Sex of respondent
What were you doing last week?
Do you do a paid job?
How often do you do this work?
How much do you get paid per hour?
What kind of work do you do?
What is the main place you go for your full-time education?
What kind of school do you/did you last attend?
Do you look after anyone living with?
Do you provide regular help for anyone not living with you?
Do you have any long-standing health problems or disabilities?
Was anyone else present during the interview?
Who else was present?
Maintained by Paula